Donor Relations Intern
Director of the Annual Fund
The Donor Relations Intern works within the Development Department and reports to the Director of the Annual Fund.
The primary responsibility of the Donor Relations Intern is to assist in the stewardship of donors at all levels within Annual Giving. This includes working closely with the Annual Fund Director on recognition events and various cultivation activities that occur during the summer season. Depending on time and initiative, this position may also do work related to other aspects of Development specifically the Annual Fund.
- Act as one of the primary liaisons to donors: answer questions, and handle issues related to donor benefits.
- Oversee the mailing of invitations to donor-related events including luncheons, dinners, dress rehearsals and master classes.
- Manage and track sign-ups for all “donor benefits” in Opera’s database (Tessitura).
- Work at all individual donor-related events throughout the summer, including those during Donor Week (August 3-7, 2020).
- Staff “Dress Rehearsals” and other rehearsals as needed.
- Act as one of the primary liaisons to donors who have questions, issues related to donor benefits.
- Assist with the organization of several cultivation events.
- Update and clarify materials of or related to donor benefits within the Annual Fund.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have a proactive and independent work style while also being a strong team-player. In addition, she/he will display excellent inter-personal skills, sound judgment, a flexible (can-do) attitude and the ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Computer skills with Windows-based environment required (including Word and Excel); familiarity with relational database preferred. Fundraising knowledge a plus.
June 2 through August 21, 2020
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
If you are selected for a interview, you will be contacted by a member of The Santa Fe Opera staff. The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or political affiliation. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"The Opera is an amazing place to work! You have the opportunity to see the development of each production from behind the scenes and witness the work involved in producing such extravagant performances."
For more information on employment, contact: