Director of Accounting & Finance
The Business Office Assistant will support the projects and workload of the Opera’s various business functions. This individual will be a responsible team member, working under the direction of the appropriate department head or staff member, as required for each task.
- Assist with cash counting, replenishment of cash bags, register reconciliations and bank deposits. Tasks will be performed under close direction from members of the business office team;
- Support the Director of Accounting and Finance in cost allocations and budgeting using spreadsheets and in integrating purchasing and general ledger systems;
- Support other business office and administrative projects as directed. Assignments may involve data input, excel spreadsheet input and review, filing, document assembly, and other general office tasks as necessary.
Application deadline is May 3, 2019. The position commences mid-June, and ends at the end of August. Credit toward an internship program can be provided if requested.
- Approximately 35-40 hours per week as directed, during months of June, July, August.
- Early morning and/or weekend hours, especially during July and August.
- A great attitude and commitment to the company and its endeavors
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Accounting experience or senior level accounting courses
- Experience with cash counting, reconciliations and basic bookkeeping
- Expertise with Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
If you are selected for a interview, you will be contacted by a member of The Santa Fe Opera staff. The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or political affiliation. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"The Opera is an amazing place to work! You have the opportunity to see the development of each production from behind the scenes and witness the work involved in producing such extravagant performances."