Director of Accounting & Finance
The Business Office Assistant will support the projects and workload of the Opera’s various business functions. This individual will be a responsible team member, working under the direction of the appropriate department head or staff member, as required for each task.
- Assist with cash counting, replenishment of cash bags, register reconciliations and bank deposits. Tasks will be performed under close direction from members of the business office team;
- Support the Director of Accounting and Finance in cost allocations and budgeting using spreadsheets and in integrating purchasing and general ledger systems;
- Support other business office and administrative projects as directed. Assignments may involve data input, excel spreadsheet input and review, filing, document assembly, and other general office tasks as necessary.
Application deadline is May 5, 2017. The position commences mid-June, and ends at the end of August. Credit toward an internship program can be provided if requested.
- Approximately 35-40 hours per week as directed, during months of June, July, August.
- Early morning and/or weekend hours, especially during July and August.
- A great attitude and commitment to the company and its endeavors
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Accounting experience or senior level accounting courses
- Experience with cash counting, reconciliations and basic bookkeeping
- Expertise with Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Send completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, to Human Resources (unless otherwise noted above) or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
With positions ranging from Development to Marketing to Education, our internship program offers a breadth of experience for the aspiring arts administrator.
Seasonal employees begin arriving in the spring and by early July, more than 600 employees are on board to make the upcoming season come to life.
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.