Production Management Intern
Director of Production and Facilities, Associate Director of Production and Facilities, Production Administrator, Production & Recruiting Coordinator
Duties include working with the Production Office by supporting and assisting in the following areas:
- Onstage rehearsals
- Posting and distributing the weekly stage use and daily rehearsal schedules
- Coordinating and distributing notes from technical rehearsals to appropriate personnel as needed
- Creating and maintaining digital archival production books and materials from each production, facilitate Director/Designer presentations
- Overseeing and organizing the Apprentice Scenes and portfolio fair
- Assisting in maintaining a safe work environment, including training, documentation and implementation
- Participating in business administration aspects of the Production Department
- Participating in the maintenance operations of the facility
- Assisting in pre-show production and facility inspections and follow up on notes as needed
- Attending weekly Production Meetings
Schedule & Additional Information
Employment dates are early May 27-August 24. 2019. All applicants must be 18 years of age to be eligible. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the intern occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Interns will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
1) Read our brochure prior to filling out the application.
2) Apply online via our 'Smart Form' button below. Important: All applicants must be 18 years of age to be eligible.
Application (smart form)
3) Submit a résumé to email@example.com
4) Provide recommendations (for Intern and Technical Apprentice applicants only; not necessary for Production Staff applicants).
Recommendation Form (PDF)
Seasonal employees begin arriving in the spring and by early July, more than 600 employees are on board to bring the upcoming season to life.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for application is March 4, 2019. Early applications are encouraged. Applications received after the deadline will only be considered as alternates. All applicants will be notified by April 1, 2019. Address all correspondence, references, imagery and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: T. Armagost
P.O. Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408