Opera Shop Store Manager
Retail Operations Manager
Seasonal Paid Position
Sales associates, Volunteers
Seasonal, May - August 2018
Manage daily operations and staff of The Santa Fe Opera’s Opera Shop while creating a friendly and engaging experience for patrons of the Opera. The primary goal is to make the retail business an educational, engaging, and profitable operation that realizes its full potential through creative, mission-related merchandise, thoughtful promotion, and excellent customer service. This position has responsibility for Opera Shop as well as assisting the Retail Operations Manager with wholesale, outlet and E-Commerce operations. This position requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operational Management: Responsible for daily store operations including staffing, staff supervision, store opening and closing and all daily point-of-sale procedures. Assure store appearance and stock levels are maintained. Oversee stock room organization and cleanliness. Receive, label and organized new merchandise. Promote a strong customer service ethic and thorough product knowledge for all sales staff. Supervise volunteer staff and enforce store policy with all employees and volunteers. Assure store security.
- Financial Management: Oversee and assist with the daily opening and closing of store registers.
- Personnel Management: Oversee the supervision, training, motivation, and evaluation of all subordinate staff, including volunteers. Assist Retail Manager in setting goals for staff and administer institutional personnel policies. Assure compliance with dress codes for floor staff.
- Inventory Management: Take responsibility for safe handling, securing, and accounting of inventory. Supervise and assist with the receipt of arriving shipments of merchandise, to include inspection, count verification and retail pricing. Assures sales floor is adequately stocked and organized at all times.
- Buying: Assist Retail Operations Manager in daily tracking of inventory and assist with reorders when necessary.
- Promotions: Assist with in store and off campus promotions during the Opera Season.
- Communication: Relay institutional mission, plans, programs, goals, and new product information to the store staff so they can perform their jobs knowledgeably and effectively.
- Retail experience (Experience in a performing arts/creative arts boutique store are a plus.)
- Leadership experience
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours
- Computer literacy
- 5 days a week required
- Weekends required
- Strong artistic, aesthetic & business sense
- Stellar leadership & communication skills
- Well-informed about industry issues
- In-depth knowledge of classical music and opera
- Retail Pro point of sale experience
- Submit resume to email@example.com. Resumes may also be mailed to The Santa Fe Opera, P.O. Box 2408, Santa Fe, NM 87504. After resumes are reviewed, candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.