This is a seasonal, non-benefited and non-exempt position. The position is paid hourly.
Job Description and Requirements
- Provide Santa Fe Opera patrons efficient, friendly service, ensuring the safety of all. Responsible alcohol serving is mandatory, as outlined in New Mexico State law and Santa Fe Opera employee policies
- Report as scheduled for events to the appropriate locations. Bartenders will receive a weekly schedule in advance. Clock in and out on assigned time clock
- Set up serving area in advance in order to be ready to serve at the appointed opening time. Replenish items as instructed.
- Operate cash register following training instructions
- Transact with patrons, including cash and credit card transactions when a register is used.
- Ask for appropriate ID for anyone who appears to be under the age of 30.
- Carry a current New Mexico Alcohol & Gaming Division Server Certificate whenever serving alcohol.
- Break down and clean area as instructed.
- This job requires the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment; this includes the ability to provide quality patron service while adhering to and enforcing policies and procedures.
All Bartenders must wear a white Tuxedo shirt with a black bow tie. Black pants and black (soft-soled) shoes are also required. No open-toed shoes.
Long periods of standing. Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Candidates will be contacted for interviews in mid-to-late May 2019.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication (PDF)
Submit completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, by e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
Seasonal employees begin arriving in the Spring and by early July, more than 600 employees are on board to make the upcoming season come to life.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"you hear glorious melodies everywhere you turn, and laughter, and the sounds of children playing in the pool. Everyone is hardworking and professional, yet the level of camaraderie and shared commitment makes it feel more like a family than a workplace."
For more information on employment, contact: