Seasonal, Paid, Non-exempt
- Answer in-coming telephone calls at the main switchboard, transferring calls to appropriate staff members, answering general inquiries about the Opera (performing season, history of the company, special events, etc.), and providing clear messages to staff as appropriate.
- Provide support to administrative staff: may include data entry, preparing mailings, photocopying, filing, faxing, and other duties as requested.
- Distribute incoming mail to staff on a timely basis; provide mail forwarding as appropriate
- Inform staff members of package deliveries and incoming faxes promptly.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of company information materials.
- Input customer account information, modify information and generate reports from Tessitura software database.
- Maintain various Excel spreadsheets and Word documents as assigned.
- Maintain neat and organized workspace in the switchboard area, office area, office supply storage area, copier room and mailroom.
- Assist with the production of staff ID’s and car tags.
Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be:
- Diploma or equivalency degree from accredited high school with major course work in business administration, theater, or a closely-related field
- One (1) years’ experience performing responsible general administrative work
- Principles and practices of business administration and organization
- Modern office practices and procedures, including efficient record keeping
- Experience in database reporting and output
- Experience in photography a plus
- Accurate typing and word-processing at 40 words per minute
- Proficient management and manipulation of spreadsheet software and general Microsoft Office knowledge
- Independent thinking and problem-solving
- Clear communication, both verbal and written, with diverse audience
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with variety of others
- Ability to multi-task and conduct high-volume work
Hours & Restrictions
The position will begin Monday, May 21 – Saturday, August 25, 2018.
Scheduled: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is a seasonal, non-benefited, non-exempt position with the maximum number of hours worked per week being twenty-five (25) hours .
THE SANTA FE OPERA
Attention: Human Resources
P. O. Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
ADDITIONAL NOTES & EOE STATEMENT
Frequent crouching, stooping and reaching are required. This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently. There is constant standing, walking and finger dexterity needed to handle paper items and use computer. Frequent phone contact is required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.