Paid Position, Non-exempt
Present a positive, efficient, professional and pleasant image of The Santa Fe Opera, by telephone and in-person, to the general public, staff, Board and contributors;
Answer in-coming telephone calls at the main switchboard, transferring calls to appropriate staff members, answering general inquiries about the Opera (performing season, history of the company, special events, etc.), and providing clear messages to staff as appropriate;
Provide support to administrative staff: may include data entry, preparing mailings, photocopying, filing, faxing, and other duties as requested;
Distribute incoming mail to staff on a timely basis; provide mail forwarding as appropriate;
Inform staff members of package deliveries and incoming faxes promptly;
Assist in the compilation and distribution of company information materials;
Input customer account information, modify information and generate reports from Tessitura software database;
Maintain various Excel spreadsheets and Word documents as assigned;
Maintain neat and organized workspace in the switchboard area, office area, office supply storage area, copier room and mailroom.
Assist with the production of staff ID’s and car tags
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be:
- Diploma or equivalency degree from accredited high school with major course work in business administration, theater, or a closely-related field;
- One (1) years’ experience performing responsible general administrative work.
- Principles and practices of business administration and organization;
- Modern office practices and procedures, including efficient record keeping;
- Experience in database reporting and output;
- Photography experience helpful.
- Accurate typing and word-processing at 40 words per minute;
- Proficient management and manipulation of spreadsheet software and general Microsoft Office knowledge;
- Independent thinking and problem-solving;
- Clear communication, both verbal and written, with diverse audience;
- Able to establish positive working relationships with variety of others;
- Ability to Multi-task and conduct high-volume work.
Scheduled: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is a seasonal, non-benefited, non-exempt position with the maximum number of hours worked per week being twenty-five (25) hours +.
The position will begin Monday, May 15 – Saturday, August 20.
Frequent crouching, stooping and reaching are required. This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently. There is constant standing, walking and finger dexterity needed to handle paper items and use computer. Frequent phone contact is required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Send completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, to Human Resources (unless otherwise noted above) or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
Seasonal employees begin arriving in the spring and by early July, more than 600 employees are on board to make the upcoming season come to life.
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.