House Manager, Assistant House Manager, Team Leaders
Job Description and Requirements:
- Ushers report to the theatre 2 hours prior to each performance. Ushers will stay until patrons have exited the theatre and the theatre has been cleared of programs and lost items. They may leave only when they are dismissed by House Management.
- Usher duties include greeting and assisting patrons of the Opera in a friendly and courteous manner, handing out program books, directing patrons to their correct seats, being very familiar with the seating is required, and answering questions about the theatre on performance evenings (approximately 38).
- This job requires the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment; this includes the ability to provide quality patron service while adhering to and enforcing the house rules.
- A flexible evening schedule is required and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The usher crew will be led by a Team Leader and are expected to treat them with the same respect they would House Management.
Black shirt, pants/skirts, shoes (see usher manual for specifications).
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Send completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, to Human Resources (unless otherwise noted above) or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
Seasonal employees begin arriving in the spring and by early July, more than 600 employees are on board to make the upcoming season come to life.
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.