Director of Accounting & Finance
The Accounting Manager has primary responsibility for operational cash management, insurance requirements for the Opera, and general ledger account reconciliation.
- Perform monthly closing procedures including general ledger reconciliations;
- Manage cash flow, maintaining good relationships with area banks;
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements including New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax, liquor license, and business licenses;
- Manage rental car policies, procedures, and vendor relationship;
- Oversight of software applications relating to business office functions;
- Sign checks, initiate wire transfers, make bank deposits;
- Direct related tasks of the Accounting Associate in his/her duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting; at least five years of experience, demonstrating increasing accounting responsibilities. Public accounting, not-for-profit experience, and/or CPA designation are desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including positive communication with staff members;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills;
- Demonstrated mastery of mid-level accounting software;
- Accuracy in data entry and ability to self-review;
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with and assist the diverse group in the workplace, including staff, managers, volunteers, donors and Board members;
- Developed problem solving skills;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines;
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner and to take the initiative in identifying and solving problems;
- The ability to develop long range, strategic solutions.
This is a year round, full time, and benefited, exempt position.
Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Employee will be expected to exceed regular hours when work load requires. Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year. Vacation is not generally allowed from June 1st to August 31st of each year and office hours will be required for certain Saturdays during this time.
The employee must routinely sit, navigate the office environment and grounds, use the computer, telephone and other office equipment, stoop, reach, talk, hear, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.