Digital Media Manager
SCOPE & PURPOSE
The department is responsible for management of the company’s digital media content, social media strategy, and press/media/public relations.
This is a year round, full-time position. As the single full-time support role for the department, the job requires hands-on and timely completion of the tasks assigned. A thorough understanding of the departmental procedures, technologies, and role in the organization is required. The position supports other areas of the company in their requests of the department and requires flexibility of hours due to evening and weekend performances/rehearsals/events.
- Assist Director with overall strategy and campaigns for the company’s digital media efforts.
- Build and manage social media strategy; create and curate shareable content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.; manage social media consultant(s).
- Negotiate contracts for, schedule, and manage relationships with photographers and videographers; assist photographers in making appropriate selections for publications, etc.; edit and produce video content for use on company website, social media, and YouTube.
- Manage audio, video, photography, biographical information, and other media content created for website.
- Manage online calendar placement for main-stage productions, community performances, community engagement programs, and ancillary events.
- Assist Director with annual program book creation, including editing, design management, and visual content gathering and organization.
- Organize multimedia on internal network, website, YouTube, and other social media platforms as requested.
- Manage or co-manage media (photography, videography, journalists) at performances, dress rehearsals, photo shoots, etc. Assist photographers in preparing photographs for online viewing by the media. Prepare and post photographs on website and social media platforms.
- When requested, attend rehearsals, performances, community events, and other outside activities.
- Assist with Media and Public Relations Department business functions: budgets, forecasts, payables, and receivables.
- Monitor the department’s main email address, email@example.com, and oversee intern’s seasonal responsibility for monitoring this alias.
- Provide support to Director for any Media and Public Relations assignments as required.
Bachelor’s degree or similar level of advanced certification required. Preference would be given for a B.A. in digital media, arts or business administration, communications, journalism, marketing, or similar education, and knowledge of the performing arts and/or opera.
Prefer minimum of 3-5 years of communications or digital media-related experience.
- Knowledge of opera and current practices in the field
- Excellent writing ability including skills in copy writing and editing, proofreading, content, and adherence to company style
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other Windows-based applications
- Energetic, positive, and flexible professional style
- Expertise with social media and website functionality
- Competency in relevant computer programs, including ticketing, website, accounting, photo and video-editing software and design programs (Adobe Creative Suite preferred), etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with people in a variety of staff positions
- Ability to manage multiple critical timelines and deadlines, ensuring the timely completion of projects
- Ability to represent the Opera to critics, press representatives, and the general public with a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and knowledge
This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 40 pounds occasionally and the ability to provide tours, escort visitors, and spend late hours in the theater. It also requires manual dexterity to operate computer and other equipment.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication (PDF)
Submit completed employment application, along with resume and cover letter, by e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"ARRIVING TO WORK, LOOKING OUT ACROSS THE TESUQUE VALLEY SURROUNDED BY THE JEMEZ AND SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD... THIS IS AN AMAZING WORK SETTING."