Executive Office & Board Relations Assistant
The General Director
This is a year-round, full-time and benefitted exempt position.
- Oversee the General Director’s calendar; track all appointments, travel dates, and engagements; act as a buffer for all requests to the General Director’s schedule.
- Manage administrative duties for the office, including answering and tracking correspondence; maintaining electronic and physical files; arranging performance tickets; tracking credit card, mileage and per diem reconciliations; and making comprehensive travel arrangements for the General Director and special guests as needed.
- Track daily contributions and compose personal thank-you letters on behalf of the General Director.
- Maintain supplies for the Executive Office and assist in set-up for various appointments.
- Be available for all events that the General Director attends to support him as directed.
- Provide additional support to the General Director and External Affairs Manager as needed. This includes (but is not limited to) preparing for special events, support of VIP guests and composing remarks for speaking engagements.
- Coordinate staff events hosted by the General Director.
- Schedule and execute all aspects of quarterly Board meetings, as well as special meetings and phone calls year-round. Maintain and distribute Board and committee materials, including (but not limited to) agendas, contact information, minutes and action items.
- Provide support to and serve as primary contact for the Board of Directors.
- Manage the onboarding process for new Board Members.
- Create and maintain the annual Board Handbook for distribution at the November Board Meeting.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all standing committees, ad-hoc committees and task forces.
- Maintain and expand utilization of the Board Portal website for Directors.
- Maintain constituent profiles of Directors, constituencies, Committee lists and Board lists on Tessitura.
- In collaboration with the General Director and Development Department, draft Board and constituent-related correspondence and materials as needed, especially on the behalf of the General Director, Board President or Board Chairman.
- Take minutes during committee meetings, task force meetings and the Board of Directors meeting.
SKILLS and abilities
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project from conception to completion.
- Ability to oversee and assist with a wide range of initiatives simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Cultivate and foster positive relationships with Directors, potential Directors, staff members, artists and other constituents as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, upholding the company’s high professional standard.
- Handle all duties with poise, professionalism and discretion.
- Knowledge of iOS, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, G-Suite, Tessitura, Adobe Creative Suite and other administrative software.
- Ability to courteously and efficiently assist others with Board Portal and tech-related questions.
Education and experience
A college degree is preferred. Prior experience of at least 3 years in a closely related position is preferred.
Must be able to drive a motor vehicle. This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently. The job involves much work from a desk, requiring manual dexterity, the ability to communicate via phone, and other related work. There is frequent walking and standing for periods of time.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication (PDF)
Submit completed employment application, along with resume and cover letter, by e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"ARRIVING TO WORK, LOOKING OUT ACROSS THE TESUQUE VALLEY SURROUNDED BY THE JEMEZ AND SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD... THIS IS AN AMAZING WORK SETTING."
For more information on employment, contact: