Marketing and Website Manager
Director of Marketing
This is a year-round, full-time and benefitted exempt position.
The Marketing and Website Manager is responsible for assisting and overseeing select initiatives, interacting with other department contacts on various project needs, and project management culminating in a positive cross-department collaboration and interaction with select vendors.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing, appropriate Board committees, and all groups and departments as necessary for the development of materials and initiatives as they relate to the Opera's total brand
- Strategize with Director and Dramaturg to ensure all messaging is consistent with the company’s upcoming productions
- Strategize with the Director with annual and long-term tactical efforts focused on annual earned revenue goals and expanding paid attendance
- Assist the Director with budget and planning activities related to the department
- Lead various initiatives, such as media buys (print, broadcast, digital), email appeals, subscription, single, and group ticketing campaigns, as well as signature collateral pieces
- Negotiate with various vendors to maximize return on investment to the Opera
- Provide new ideas/approaches for exploration and execution to heighten awareness and patron attendance
- Monitor/analyze various advertising and other promotional efforts and results
- Work effectively with design agencies as warranted on select projects
- Ongoing engaging content development for various platform use
- Oversee expansive use of CRM software (Tessitura), maintaining ongoing expertise of Marketing's best practice use, including in-depth targeted segmentation in data mining for digital and direct mail use as well as reporting analysis, attend Tessitura Task Force and Network related meetings
- Assist in the delivery of new website and all following website content and maintenance updates, as well as website enhancement opportunities utilizing a progressive and evolutionary approach
- Assure the website and all digital communications adhere to the company’s consistent voice and quality standards
- Assist the Director with the creation and execution of a formal digital strategic plan
- Monitor and report on website and digital marketing effectiveness using available analytic tools
- Also attend external activities, and assist and support the Director as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (preference will be given to those with studies in opera, performing arts, arts administration, or similar education and/or knowledge of opera)
- 2-3 years’ experience with HTML and CMSs such as WordPress and eRube
- Requires a minimum of three years of marketing or related experience.
- Preference given to candidates with experience with Tessitura
- Knowledge of opera and current practices in the field
- Critical thinking, strategic tactician
- Excellent writing ability including skills in copywriting and editing, proofreading, content and adherence to company style
- Expertise with social media and website functionality
- Critical thinking, strategic tactician
- Energetic and positive collaborative spirit and professional style
- Outstanding ability to organize and prioritize work with detailed focus
- Excellent ability to effectively develop and utilize complex data segmentation
- Ability to manage multiple critical timelines, with deadline orientation effectiveness
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication (PDF)
Submit completed employment application, along with resume and cover letter, by e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"ARRIVING TO WORK, LOOKING OUT ACROSS THE TESUQUE VALLEY SURROUNDED BY THE JEMEZ AND SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD... THIS IS AN AMAZING WORK SETTING."
For more information on employment, contact: