Operations and Community Engagement Assistant
Director of Community Engagement and Operations Manager
Non-exempt, full-time, benefitted
Office Services Area (mornings)
- Present a positive, professional and pleasant image of The Santa Fe Opera, by telephone and in-person, to the general public, staff, Board and contributors
- Answer incoming telephone calls at the main switchboard, transferring to appropriate staff, answering general inquiries about the Opera
- Distribute incoming mail to staff on a timely basis and process out-going mail and courier packages and inform staff members of package deliveries
- Assist with the production of staff ID's and car tags
- Processes purchase orders in Sage-100
- Enter and modify constituent contact and generate reports in Tessitura (CRM application)
- Provide support to administrative staff: may include data entry, preparing mailings, photocopying, filing, faxing, and other duties as requested
- Maintain neat and organized workspace
Community Engagement Department (afternoons)
- Monitor schedules and activities of other department staff
- Provide administrative support for projects and activities, including but not limited to:
- Accounts payable,
- Payroll compilation and submission of data to payroll manager
- Database entry into Tessitura
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- As hours permit, may assist with meetings, seminars, and other programs of the department. (hours may not conflict with Office Services schedule)
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications are:
- College degree equivalency with major course work in business administration and/or marketing
- Two (2) years experience performing general administrative work and customer service
- Principles and practices of customer service
- Business administration and organization
- Modern office practices and procedures, including efficient record keeping
- Accurate typing and word-processing
- Experience with databases
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016 based applications
- Clear communication, both verbal and written, with diverse audience
- Able to establish positive working relationships with variety of others
- Ability to multi-task, with constant interruptions
Ability to make accurate decisions and assign priorities to tasks
40 hours per week, regular schedule being Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, including a non-paid 1 hour lunch break. Schedule may include Saturday hours June through August.
Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year.
Must be able to drive a motor vehicle. There is constant standing, walking and finger dexterity needed to handle paper items and use of a computer. The ability to move and lift 40 lbs. or more. Frequent crouching, stooping and reaching are required. Frequent phone contact is required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplication (PDF)
Submit completed employment application, along with resume and cover letter, by e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"ARRIVING TO WORK, LOOKING OUT ACROSS THE TESUQUE VALLEY SURROUNDED BY THE JEMEZ AND SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD... THIS IS AN AMAZING WORK SETTING."