Prospect Research Manager
Director of External Affairs
Full-time with benefits
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Research Manager is responsible for collecting and compiling background materials on new and existing donors and prospects, ensuring that accurate, detailed, and current information is maintained in The Santa Fe Opera’s Tessitura donor database. The Research Manager will work with Santa Fe Opera fundraising staff to facilitate constructive analysis of prospect data and manage the prospect pipeline process.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, identify and prioritize key individual funding prospects; discuss findings and recommendations with development staff as appropriate; recommend funding opportunities.
- Create systems for providing fundraisers with the most effective donor prospect information such as: prepare and screen lists with robust prospect pools; utilize T-Stats, Tessitura Database and other resources.
- Collaborate with fundraisers to review and interpret research findings, manage donor strategies, and actively manage prospect pipeline meetings.
- Continually update research on potential prospects in Tessitura and in formal profiles.
- Oversee donor aspects of the Tessitura database including development of data entry policy and procedures that ensure data integrity, user security administration, and reporting.
- Utilize online databases, internet resources, in house data and files, and other references.
- Stay current regarding developments in the field and best practices for professional prospect research.
- Budget for and maintain all departmental subscriptions.
- Collect programs, annual reports and newsletters from other organizations and maintain appropriate files, including the entry of major gifts and board affiliations in Tessitura.
- Monitor select periodicals and set alerts for relevant information on trends, donors, artists and prospects. Disseminate articles and information to appropriate parties within the organization.
- Handle other special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of three years' experience in prospect research, individualized donor and prospect strategy work.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with software such as: Tessitura, LexisNexis, Foundation Directory Online and WealthEngine, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Send completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, to Human Resources (unless otherwise noted above) or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
With positions ranging from Development to Marketing to Education, our internship program offers a breadth of experience for the aspiring arts administrator.