Assistant Facilities Manager
The Assistant Facilities Manager is supervised by the Facilities Manager. They will be responsible for keeping and updating calendars, files, and folders using the Opera’s computer system, and keeping a neat and organized workspace in the Maintenance Office. The Assistant Facilities Manager will work closely with the Facilities Manager and the Maintenance Supervisors in creating and maintaining employee task schedules, checklists, project management task lists, and other paperwork related to the operation of the Maintenance Department. The Assistant Facilities Manager must be willing and able to assist, and occasionally take the lead, with multiple tasks that may vary from weeding the lawns to troubleshooting HVAC equipment. Other duties may include driving Opera vehicles, purchasing supplies and tools, managing petty cash accounts, working with crews on building repair and maintenance projects, landscaping/irrigation, gardening, snow removal, etc. The Facilities Manager may assign other duties in addition to these.
- Knowledge of personnel and project management systems. A sound knowledge of general building systems, construction techniques, landscaping, and irrigation are required. A good work ethic and a willingness to learn new skills is especially important.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English
- Operate motor vehicles
- Computer skills
- Good math skills
- Organizational skills
- Forklift and tractor skills are preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 40 hours per week, regular schedule being Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year. Weekend work and early arrival is occasionally necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Have no known allergies to cleaning products. Must be able to spend significant amount of time standing. This job requires extensive walking, stair climbing, and use of ladders.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.