Assistant to the COVID Compliance & Safety Manager
The Santa Fe Opera is actively planning to reopen for the 2021 Festival Season and seeks an Assistant COVID Compliance & Safety Manager to assist in supporting COVID-safe reopening protocols, facilitating the company’s compliance with the most up-to-date government-mandated restrictions, and in ensuring the adoption and execution of best practices as established by public health officials. The Assistant to the COVID Compliance & Safety Manager will support communications regarding the on-site COVID testing program for all staff, artists and musicians. This individual will along with the COVID Compliance and Safety Manager support the implementation of the COVID-19 safety plan, including monitoring physical distancing, looking out for symptoms, ensuring disinfection protocols, educating colleagues on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and ensuring individuals adhere to all onsite health and safety protocols. The Assistant to the COVID Compliance & Safety Manager will report to the COVID Compliance & Safety Manager and Director of HR.
- Work in collaboration with the COVID Compliance and Safety Manager to ensure implementation of COVID-safe protocols throughout SFO.
- Assist in the implementation of the COVID-19 testing regimen and process and will serve as a secondary recipient of test results, which will be kept confidential except as permitted to be disclosed.
- Assist in providing training to all staff on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19.
- Support the ordering of COVID Safety related supplies and equipment.
- Work with the COVID Compliance and Safety Manager to continually evaluate and advise the most effective PPE to protect staff and the best sanitation products to use in disinfecting all areas of campus.
- Support COVID policies and protocols on-campus in conjunction with department management.
- Assist in ensuring employee-screening protocols are in place, with the determined type of screening and frequency as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that all cast and crew routinely attest to symptoms and potential exposure to individuals who may have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Provide reports to COVID Compliance and Safety Manager regarding concerns, violations, and compliance.
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments; possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities.
- Ability to enforce protocols in a customer service oriented manner.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, proactive communicator.
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling.
- Ability to work under pressure and think quickly to mitigate problems.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and administrative skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, meet multiple deadlines, work independently, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed. Creative vision and an ability to think outside the box are crucial.
- Energetic, positive and flexible professional style; industrious, open, conscientious.
- Experience working in theater, performing arts or production is preferred.
- Healthcare or health safety background a plus.
This is a seasonal position in Santa Fe, New Mexico, that requires flexibility of hours due to evening and weekend performances, rehearsals and events.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.