The Santa Fe Opera is seeking staff to conduct alcohol transactions at The Santa Fe Opera’s bars and private dinner events. Sales happen at a fast pace during preshow and intermissions. Candidate needs to be familiar with basic bar tender skills and have the ability to move quickly while creating a friendly and engaging experience for patrons of the Opera. This position requires the ability to work as a team member while exercising judgment and initiative.
- Responsible for nightly bar sales.
- Assure bars are properly stocked and maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Assist with stock room organization and cleanliness.
- Contribute to a strong customer service ethic.
Skills – Requirements:
- Bartender skills and knowledge are required.
- Operate a point of sale program.
- Conduct cash transactions in a timely and accurate manner with accurate cash counting.
- Applicant must hold a current New Mexico Alcohol Server Permit.
- Communicate effectively.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time is required.
- Up to 40 hours per week, on performance evenings only. The Opera bars operate from 5:00 pm until post intermission (typically 10:30 p.m.) Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year. Weekend work is necessary (hours over 40 per week paid at time and a half).
- This is a seasonal, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Wages begin at $14.00/ hour plus tips.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.
Positions require proof of eligibility to work.
Submit a completed employment application form using either the (PDF) Form or Online Form. Submit your (PDF) application form, resume and cover letter by email to Human Resources or by mail to:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408