Box Office Assistant
Title: Box Office Assistant
Reports to: Box Office Manager and Audience Services Director
Employment Classification: Year-round, full time exempt
Job Description (PDF)
This position is primarily responsible for excellent customer service, requiring the ability to work independently, exercise judgment and initiative, as well as communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Under general guidance, performs difficult to complex projects and programs pertaining to the efficient handling of individual, subscription and group ticket sales. Assists with ticket sales via telephone, mail order, in-person, and the Internet. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
General Box Office:
- Provides excellent service to patrons and promotes positive and pleasant image of the company to the general public, staff, supporters and Board members.
- Displays a sound understanding of the opera company, the repertory, the Tessitura computer system and all general information that goes through the Box Office.
- Follows the guidelines and protocols set forth in the Box Office policies and procedures.
- Assists with subscription renewal process, mailing of materials and contact with patrons.
- Answers email correspondence directed to the Box Office inbox in a timely manner.
- In the absence of Audience Services Director and Box Office Manager, provides direction and management of Box Office; assists with supervision of seasonal representatives, clarifying policies and procedures.
- Requires high school diploma and at least 1 year of related experience. College, non-profit and performing arts organization experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines, and to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with people in a variety of positions, including colleagues, management, Board members and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to ask for guidance but working with initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a busy office, and ability to accurately handle large sums of money.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other Windows based programs.
- Tessitura Ticketing Database knowledge helpful.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a changing, artistic, high paced environment.
Location: The Santa Fe Opera
Compensation: commensurate with position
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.
Submit a completed employment application form, your resume, cover letter and e-mail to Human Resources or by mail to:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408