The Development Assistant works with a highly collaborative development team to meet overall fundraising goals and budgetary needs of the Santa Fe Opera.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to provide administrative support as they cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of donors and Board members
- Provide general support for the department and the Director of Development in scheduling meetings; coordinating departmental and inter-departmental communications; and other duties as needed
- Assist with reports in Tessitura and support Director of Development and other members of the department with creating lists and extractions in Tessitura
- Organize and proofread content for the production of the annual Program Book and other development materials for print and/or electronic publication
- Track, monitor, and maintain accuracy of all giving activity in Tessitura for the Director of Development’s donor portfolio
- Prepare and mail acknowledgment letters for all campaigns, including special events acknowledgment letters, in a timely manner as directed, assist in the preparation of any secondary letters as needed
- Assist Board President and Chairman with acknowledgment letters
- Prepare for the Business Office all invoices for development department expenses and for other departments as directed.
- Maintain all expense reports needed in order to reconcile with the FENXT accounting system. Prepare all adjusting journal entries need for reconciliation purposes
- Assist Development Administrator with maintaining Development department budget
- Assist with the maintenance of all donor records and development department expense records, including both physical and electronics files, following the current archive management policies. This includes filing and records destruction as directed by senior management.
- Assist with processing gifts in Tessitura
- Attend and provide support in special events efforts and work in the Wyncote Opera Club on select performance evenings
- Assist with other department tasks and event preparations including set up, clean up and deliveries
- Provide support for the Business Council’s donor benefits and activities
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, Director of Annual Fund, Director of Institutional Giving, Special Events Manager and Major Gifts Officers, ensure exceptional stewardship of donors and execution and delivery of donor benefits
- Act as departmental liaison with the SFO IT department, WordFly, Paperless Post, iWave, LexisNexis and other technological support programs as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least two years of related experience.
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate
- Forward thinking, creative with solutions
- Able to establish positive working relationships with variety of individuals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
In addition, preferred:
- Technological proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Outlook. Experience with donor databases, particularly Tessitura
- Knowledge of opera and/or performing arts
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and willingness to drive and perform tasks away from the office in the course of employment. May use company vehicle. If available may use personal vehicle, with mileage allowance.
This is a full time, year-round benefited non-exempt position.
This position requires 35 hours per week, regular schedule from Monday through Friday, 9:00am until 5:00pm. Hours in excess of 40 in a workweek will be paid at time and one-half. Flexibility is crucial especially during the summer performance season and during quarterly Board meetings. Some weekend and evening hours are required for donor events, meetings and performances. Vacation is generally not allowed between June 1 and August 31.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.
Positions require proof of eligibility to work.
- Submit a completed employment application form using either the (PDF) Form or Online Form.
- Submit your (PDF) application form, resume and cover letter by email to Human Resources or by mail to:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408