Executive Office Assistant
Responsible for the administrative duties of the Executive Office, facilitating meetings of the Board of Directors and assisting the General Director and External Affairs Manager as needed.
- Manage administrative duties for the office, including answering and tracking correspondence; maintaining supplies; maintaining electronic and physical files; arranging performance tickets; tracking credit card, mileage and per diem reconciliations; and making comprehensive travel arrangements for the General Director, External Affairs Manager and special guests as needed.
- Oversee the General Director’s calendar; track all appointments, travel dates, and engagements; act as a buffer for all requests to the General Director’s schedule; closely monitoring the General Director’s email account.
- Assist the External Affairs Manager with scheduling, correspondence, organization and record-keeping related to the Board of Directors, Government Relations, Special Events, Board Travel and PR & Media special projects.
- Track daily contributions and compose personal thank-you letters on behalf of the General Director.
- Coordinate certain logistics for special events at the General Director’s residence and the Santa Fe Opera Ranch.
- Be available for all events that the General Director attends to support him as directed.
- Provide additional support to the General Director and External Affairs Manager as needed. This includes (but is not limited to) preparing for special events, support of VIP guests and composing remarks for speaking engagements.
- Assist the External Affairs Manager with all aspects of quarterly Board meetings, as well as interim meetings and phone calls year-round. Maintain and distribute Board and committee materials, including (but not limited to) agendas, contact information, minutes, action items, Board history and committee lists.
- Maintain the annual Board Handbook.
- Maintain and expand utilization of the Board Portal website for Directors.
- Maintain constituent profiles of Directors, Committee lists and Board lists on Tessitura.
- In collaboration with the General Director, External Affairs Manager and Development Department, draft Board and constituent-related correspondence and materials as needed, especially on the behalf of the General Director, Board President or Board Chairman.
- Take minutes during committee meetings, task force meetings and the Board of Directors meeting.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project from conception to completion. Ability to oversee and assist with a wide range of initiatives simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Accuracy in data entry and ability to self-review.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to take the initiative in identifying and solving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, upholding the company’s high professional standard.
- Handle all duties with poise, professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to cultivate and foster positive relationships with Directors, potential Directors, staff members, artists and other constituents as needed.
- Ability to courteously and efficiently assist others with the online Board Portal, Zoom and other tech-related questions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, GSuite, Tessitura, Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign), Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other administrative software.
Education and Experience
A college degree is preferred. Prior experience of at least 3 years in a closely related position is preferred.
Physical Standards: Must be able to drive a motor vehicle. This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently. The job involves much work from a desk, requiring manual dexterity, the ability to communicate via phone, and other related work. There is frequent walking and standing for periods of time.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.