Facilities Maintenance Tech
Title: Facilities Maintenance Tech
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Employment Classification: Non-exempt/year-round
Job Description (PDF)
This role works closely with the Facilities Manager, and the Assistant Facilities manager to evaluate the maintenance and repair needs of the Opera’s buildings and grounds. Duties and responsibilities include cleaning, maintenance and preparation of opera buildings and grounds prior to the opera season as well as shutting down the theater, rehearsal halls, and cantina after the season is over. Other duties as required and assigned.
- Familiarity with the tools and products associated with cleaning, maintenance, and grounds keeping.
- Knowledge of building systems such as heating and air conditioning, plumbing, roofing and fire protection.
- Knowledge of swimming pool systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with maintenance crew members.
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer, operate a forklift, and a tractor.
- Familiarity with the use and safe operation of basic power tools; saws, drills, etc.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 40 hours per week, regular schedule being Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year. Weekend work is occasionally necessary (hours over 40 per week paid at time and a half).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No allergies to cleaning products.
- Capable of spending significant amount of time on your feet walking, standing and climbing stairs.
- Ability to use ladders for various projects.
- A uniform (shirt) is required and will be provided.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.