Facilities Custodial Staff
This role works closely with the Theatre Maintenance Supervisor to maintain the Opera’s buildings and grounds in a clean, healthy and attractive manner by assisting with pre and post-season theatre maintenance projects and seasonal upkeep. Duties and responsibilities include daily cleaning and preparation of opera buildings and grounds for each night’s performance. This includes maintaining restrooms in a clean and healthy state, cleaning and mopping of all bar areas, removal of trash and ashtray contents, recycling, dusting indoor spaces, vacuuming carpeted areas and sweeping and blow-down of outdoor plazas and pavilions. Other duties as required and assigned.
- Familiarity with products and tools used for cleaning and grounds keeping.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 40 hours per week, regular schedule being Monday-Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year. Weekend work is necessary (hours over 40 per week paid at time and a half).
- This is a seasonal, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Wages begin at $17.00/ hour.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No allergies to cleaning products.
- Capable of spending significant amount of time on your feet walking, standing and climbing stairs.
- Ability to use ladders for various projects.
- A uniform (shirt) is required and will be provided.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.
Positions require proof of eligibility to work.
Submit a completed employment application form using either the (PDF) Form or Online Form. Submit your (PDF) application form, resume and cover letter by email to Human Resources or by mail to:
The Santa Fe Opera
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408