Mail Room Assistant
- Process incoming mail, boxes and packages and inform employees and departments of deliveries, using COVID safe practices;
- Deliver all mail, boxes and packages to departments or individuals, using COVID safe practices;
- Present a positive, efficient, professional and pleasant image of The Santa Fe Opera, by telephone and in-person, to the general public, staff, Board and contributors;
- As back-up; answer in-coming telephone calls at the main switchboard, transferring calls to appropriate staff members
- Administration: perform extensive data entry and reporting and as needed, create staff ID’s and car tags;
- Maintain neat and organized workspace in the office area, copier room and mailroom.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be:
1). Diploma or equivalency degree from accredited high school with
course work in business administration, theater, or a closely-related field;
2). One (1) years’ experience performing responsible general mailroom, reception and administrative work.
- Familiarity with mail room process, shipments and deliveries;
- Experience in working with the public: customer service or reception;
- Principles and practices of business administration and organization;
- Experience in database entry.
- Must be able to move large items and lift 10-40+ lbs;
- Able to follow COVID safe practices at all times; wearing a mask and gloves the entire day, using sanitization products (sprays and devices) and cleaning areas (door handles, tables, computers, etc) and following COVID rules is required;
- Ability to multi-task and conduct high-volume work.
- Experience with data entry: accurate typing and word processing
- Experience in driving a small golf cart, using safety guidelines;
- Clear communication, both verbal and written, with diverse audience;
- Able to establish positive working relationships with variety of others.
Scheduled: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The position will begin April 26– August 29, 2021.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.