The Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting with all advertising initiatives with a focus on digital marketing campaigns, interacting with other department contacts on various project needs and project management culminating in a positive cross-department collaboration and interaction with select vendors.
- Consult with Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing Agency on all digital marketing campaigns, including Google Grant, Google Ads, and Social Media Sponsored Posts/Advertising.
- Display a sound understanding of the company, the repertory, CRM system (Tessitura), social media and all general information that relates to above responsibilities.
- Assure digital marketing communications adhere to the company’s consistent voice and quality standards.
- With Director of Marketing, plan messaging and ensure it is consistent with the company’s upcoming productions.
- Monitor/Maintain departmental email accounts.
- Assist with departmental reports to the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the creation of all new printed materials, including the season ticket brochure, the fall and spring magazine, and the season program book.
- Use CRM software (Tessitura), maintaining ongoing expertise of Marketing’s best practice use, including in-depth targeted segmentation in data mining for digital efforts as well as reporting analysis.
- Work closely with Marketing Associate and Director of Marketing to manage creation of all collaterals and ad placements for all departments, with special focus on the Community Engagement Department, developing a close understanding of that department’s schedule and upcoming needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (preference will be given to those with studies in opera, performing arts, arts administration, or similar education and/or knowledge of opera).
- Ability to work under deadlines, and to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with people in a variety of positions, including colleagues, management, Board members and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to ask for guidance but working with initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a busy office, and ability to accurately track contracts.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other Windows based programs.
- Ability to use social media in a productive and professional way.
- Excellent ability to effectively develop and utilize complex data segmentation.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a changing, artistic, high paced environment.
This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 15 pounds occasionally. Ongoing phone, e-mail and personal contact are required. This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.