Scope & Purpose
Responsible for supporting the Opera’s marketing and operations efforts by assisting with select projects and workload of the department to promote the current and upcoming seasons, thereby gaining understanding of the scope of functions at the Santa Fe Opera.
Summer Seasonal position: As an in-season support role, the job requires hands-on and timely completion of the tasks assigned. The position supports other departments in their requests for services and requires flexibility of hours due to evening and weekend performance/rehearsal schedules as well as other activities of the department.
- Printed and Online Content Development
- Receive, assist with printing, and manage distribution of proof files for season program book mark-up proofing rounds with appropriate revisions; proof all pages of book prior to press
- Assist with all print and digital materials for other SFO departments as needed
- When requested, attend and assist Marketing team members at apprentice artist events (hotel partner and other), vendor meetings, marketing events, etc.
- Facilitate development of subscription renewal materials
- Utilize CRM (T-Stats and Tessitura) to assist with analysis of both past and current subscribers
- Assist with subscriber renewal program
- Assist with development and implementation of audience “surprise and delight” program
- Assist with sponsored social media campaigns as needed.
- Assist with audience survey development and implementation
- Assist with department business functions: payables and receivables, adjusted journal entries.
- Assist with data analysis, reports, and management of database functions such as updates, corrections, and requests
- Bachelor’s degree or similar level of advanced certification encouraged or may be working towards this (preference will be given to those with a B.A. in performing arts, arts administration, business administration, or similar education and/or knowledge of Opera)
- Knowledge of opera and current practices in the field
- Excellent writing ability including skills in copy writing and editing, proofreading, and adherence to the Company’s style guide
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other windows-based applications
- Competency in relevant computer applications, including Tessitura, Sage 100, etc. (the Opera will provide training as needed)
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics skills (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize with a great attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple critical timelines and deadlines, ensuring timely completion of projects
- Energetic, positive, flexible, and collaborative professional style
- Ability to learn complex issues and procedures quickly
- Ability to represent the Opera to business partners and the general public with a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, and knowledge
This position involves light work with lifting or moving of up to 40 pounds occasionally. The position requires ability to use computer equipment, manual dexterity, and the ability to communicate verbally.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.