Director of Marketing
Paid, immediate hire
Responsible for assisting with select marketing initiatives, work well with other department contacts on specific project needs. Project management requires positive cross-department collaboration, as well as interaction with select vendors. A proactive Tessitura-focused skill set and up to date software use knowledge base is required.
- Serve as department’s Tessitura liaison, maintaining an up to date knowledge base of Tessitura’s best practice use within the marketing realm
- Represent the Marketing department at all Tessitura Task Force (TTF) meetings and Tessitura Network webinar forums
- Coordinate upgrades with IT department Tessitura Data Mining / File Output & Delivery
- Create targeted/segmented data extractions for direct mail and e-mail appeals; consistently share analytics report with Director (other departments as warranted); maintain an ongoing summary of deployed emails, noting final analytics
- Assist in the preparation of both pre- and post-performance email campaigns.
- Upon request, prepare and deliver data file exchanges with select companies
- Oversee various financial activities related to the department, including invoices, journal entries, and accounting reports
- Collect and monitor initial text/imagery files from other departments; file appropriately for Director’s ease of access using defined naming conventions
- Assist as needed with the collection of print vendor bids, proofread drafts as needed, assist with rounding proofs as requested, coordinate distribution of final print copies with maintenance staff
- Assist/prepare quarterly Board Reports for Marketing Committee meeting
- Create/prepare Advertising Tracking Worksheet
- Update design agency’s Project Worksheet on Google as needed
- Assist with proofing as requested and coordinating with design agency rounding proofs and returning revision requests to design agency on select projects within the department, as well as with other departments as requested
- Attend all external activities, and assist and support the Director as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or similar level of advanced certification required (preference will be given to those with a B.A. in performing arts, arts administration, business administration, or similar education and/or knowledge of Opera)
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of marketing or other related experience
- Energetic and positive professional style
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize
- Collaborative spirit, attention to detail, and focused, schedule-driven approach
- Current skills in marketing and software, excellent ability to manipulate data and use complex data programs and software
- Ability to manage multiple critical timelines and deadlines, ensuring timely completion of projects
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Send completed general employment application, along with resume and cover letter, to Human Resources (unless otherwise noted above) or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 2408
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2408
There are approximately 70 staff members working around the year in a variety of areas—from production, marketing, and fundraising to technical, administrative, and maintenance of the Opera's beautiful grounds.
Seasonal Positions: Production
From Audio to Wigs, seasonal artistic employees begin arriving in the spring, and by early July more than 600 employees are on board to make the upcoming season come to life.