Office Services Reception
- Answers main telephone switchboard, transfers calls, takes messages and answers general inquiries;
- Process out-going mail and courier packages, using correct account numbers for tracking purposes; Inform staff members of package deliveries and incoming faxes promptly;
- Processes purchase orders in Sage-100; tracks expenses as directed in Excel;
- Provide support to administrative staff when available: may include, purchase order processing, photocopying, faxing, mailings and other duties as requested;
- Maintain neat and organized workspace in the switchboard area, office area, office supply storage area, copier room and mailroom.
- Enter, modify and run reports for constituent contact and other info in Tessitura (CRM application), manage comparison reports with payroll and Tessitura database.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications are:
1. Diploma or equivalency degree from accredited high school with major course work in business administration, theater, or a closely-related field;
2. One (1) year’s experience performing reception for a large organization and general administrative work.
- Experience in front office and reception skills for a large organization;
- Principles and practices of business administration and organization;
- Modern office practices and procedures, including MC Office;
- Experience with data entry and reporting.
- Accurate typing and word-processing;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows based applications;
- Clear communication, both verbal and written, with diverse audience;
- Able to establish positive working relationships with variety of others.
- High work ethics and ability to multi-task.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
15 hours per week, regular schedule being Monday – Friday 8:30/9:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Option-Schedule from June through August may include more hours to this position: 9am-2:00pm. Some flexibility of hours may occur due to scheduled events during the course of the year.
Must be able to drive a motor vehicle. There is constant standing, walking and finger dexterity needed to handle paper items and use of a computer. Frequent crouching, stooping and reaching are required. Frequent phone contact is required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.