Box Office Info & Policies
Box Office Hours
In-Season (June through End of August)
Monday–Saturday, 9 am–5 pm MT, and through the first intermission on performance evenings.
Off-Season (September through early-June)
Box Office Contact Information
Groups of 10 or more:
Ticketing info, Seat Map & Printable Calendar
TickEt order seating timeline
Tickets will be mailed out in the spring of 2017. Tickets may also be held at the Box Office under Will Call.
2017 Renewal Deadline for 2016 Subscribers:
October 31, 2016
New Subscriptions Seated:
Single Ticket Orders (Donors of $150 or more):
Single Ticket Orders (Non-Donor):
All exchanges must occur no less than 48 hours in advance of the first affected performance.
Seating is subject to availability. A price increase may be incurred based upon performance date (no refunds for lower priced date exchanges).
There is no service charge for full series subscriptions, however “Compose-Your-Own” subscriptions and single tickets incur a $10 per ticket exchange fee. Should anyone attempt to use the original exchanged tickets, seating will no longer be honored.
A price increase may be incurred based upon performance date (no refunds for lower priced dates).
No Refunds or Cancellations
This condition applies to all ticket purchases, including shuttle buses and preview buffets. Casts, repertory and ticket prices are subject to change. Opera Titles and infrared hearing devices are provided as additional free services for patrons and no ticket refunds will be issued in the event of malfunctions.
Lost Your Tickets?
- The use of cameras, phones, and other recording devices is prohibited during performances.
- Latecomers, and those who exit during performances, will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Opera Titles and infrared hearing devices are provided as free services and no refunds will be made for any malfunctions.
- Food, beverages and smoking are not permitted inside the theater.
- Children under six are not permitted at evening performances.
- Pets are not allowed in the theater or parking lot.
- The Opera promotes a fragrance-free environment.
Talking during performances is strongly discouraged out of respect for performers and other audience members.
Assistance is available during performance evenings by contacting an usher or House Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers you need to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding your night at the opera, ticketing, accessibility, activities, and much more.