Orchestra Library Apprentice
February 1, 2019
The Santa Fe Opera Orchestra Library Apprentice studies under the Orchestra Librarian. He/she will work directly with the Chief Conductor, Guest Conductors, Orchestra Manager, orchestra players, music staff, and Production Music Services staff and apprentices.
Performs duties including, but not limited to:
- Bowings, cuts and other markings using best performance practices
- Creating and repairing parts
- Page turn corrections
- Editing and proofreading of parts
- Transpositions or other inserts
- Assisting in cataloging sets and scores
- Attending all orchestra rehearsals
- Completing the required tasks for performance duty as determined by the Orchestra Librarian
- Other necessary tasks as required by the Orchestra Librarian or Orchestra Manager
Qualifications should include:
- A Bachelors Degree in music or equivalent in experience
- A basic knowledge of foreign terminology, transpositions, opera and symphonic repertoire
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy
- Knowledge of music engraving software is helpful, specifically Finale and/or Dorico
- A familiarity of music copyright laws
A car is helpful. The opera is located approximately 7 miles north of Santa Fe city center. There is no public transportation from the city to the Opera House.
- Weekly stipend
- Travel allowance
- Discounted housing (typically shared with an administrative intern)
- Admission to dress rehearsals and performances with company card (subject to seating availability)
Some work will be required starting in early or mid-May.
June 3, 2019
August 2, 2019
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or political affiliation. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.