Frequently Asked Questions
The Opera is an open-air theatre with a roof over all seating areas. Evenings may be cool and/or rainy. Jackets, blankets and umbrellas are encouraged. The temperature can drop 10 to 15 degrees between curtain time and the end of the opera.
A variety of entrees, snacks and beverages are available beginning two hours prior to the performance at Twomey Dining Terrace adjacent to the theatre entrance. Inside the theatre gates, bar concessions are available on each terrace.
- The Opera also offers Tailgate Picnics that you may simply pick up when you arrive. Order online or by calling the Box Office at least 48 hours in advance. Sampler Tailgate Box is $18 and Dinner Tailgate Box is $27.
- Enjoy dinner on the beautifully landscaped grounds at the Preview Buffet. $66 includes wine, dinner, dessert, and a pre-performance talk. Tickets must be purchased in advance by ordering online or by calling the Box Office at 505-986-5900. This very popular offering is available before performances, except on June 30, August 13, 20.
- For events such as the Opera Gala and Opening Night Dinners, see Special Events.
Yes—a daily Backstage Tour is offered Monday through Friday at 9am, May 29 through August 26. Cost: $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, youth (ages 6-22) are free. An extended tour of the grounds, known as the "Opera Ranch," is offered at 10 am on the last Friday of June, July and August with a "Meet the Artist" component. The Ranch Tour is $10. Meet at the Box Office. No reservations are required.
On Saturdays (June 3-August 26), Opera Guild members welcome guests at 8:15 am with a light breakfast. At 8:45 am enjoy learning about a particular area or opera related craft from an opera insider. A complimentary backstage tour follows. Special activities are available for children and families.
The following House Rules apply to all performances at The Crosby Theatre:
- The use of cameras, phones, and other recording devices is prohibited during performances.
- Latecomers, and those who exit during performances, will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Opera Titles and infrared hearing devices are provided as free services and no refunds will be made for any malfunctions.
- Food, beverages and smoking are not permitted inside the theater.
- Children under six are not permitted at evening performances.
- Pets are not allowed in the theater or parking lot.
- The Opera promotes a fragrance-free environment.
Talking during performances is strongly discouraged out of respect for performers and other audience members.
Assistance is available during performance evenings by contacting an usher or House Management.
Yes—In order to process an exchange, the original tickets must be received at the box office via mail or in person at least 48 hours in advance of the first affected performance. Seating is subject to availability.
There is no service charge to exchange standard full series (A-G) subscription tickets; however, charges will apply if the price of the desired performance is higher than the original performance. Single tickets and "Compose-Your-Own" subscription tickets incur a $10 per ticket exchange fee and any price difference between performances; no refunds for lower priced tickets.
View Seat Map
There are a wide variety of ways in which you may donate to the Opera. Call 505-986-5913 to find out how. Thank you for your interest!Donate Now
For more information, contact: