Box Office Customer Service Representative
Under general guidance, perform all activities associated with the efficient operation of the service-representative work areas and the accurate processing of all ticket orders. This includes orders originating via phone and internet as well as in-person sales at The Santa Fe Opera Box Office. This position requires the ability to follow very specific ticket-order-processing guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Convey positive, professional and pleasant image of The Santa Fe Opera to the general public, staff, supporters and board members
- Display a sound understanding of the Opera Company, the repertory, the Tessitura ticketing system and all general information that relates to the Box Office
- Follow all guidelines set forth in the Santa Fe Opera Employee Manual
- Perform all tasks and duties delegated by the Box Office Managers
- Efficiently process all ticket orders and guide patrons through the ordering process, whether on-line or at the Box Office
- Responsibly handle all monies received in the Box Office, including cash
- Assist in the mailing of tickets, literature and requested information from the Box Office
- Assist in the daily upkeep of the customer service areas. Related duties to include the reviewing of pending orders, miscellaneous data entry, filing, periodic cleaning, and the organizing and stocking of required supplies.
- Attention to detail and willingness to follow specific guidelines and policies are a must.
- Ability to perform light work with lifting or moving of up to 20 pounds occasionally. Constant standing, walking, and finger dexterity is needed to handle paper items, dial the telephone and use the computer. Frequent crouching, stooping and reaching are required to move supplies.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.