Box Office & Theater
The Box Office team is always happy to assist with questions or concerns regarding your visit. Below you will find information on ticketing policies, accessibility information and House Rules for the Santa Fe Opera’s Crosby Theatre.
June through August
Phone Sales: Monday–Saturday, 9 AM–5 PM MT
In-Person Sales: Performance evenings through the first intermission
September through June
Campus Closed to Visitors
Phone Sales: Monday–Friday, 9 AM–5 PM MT
All current orders will reference your delivery method as Deferred Print At Home.
Tickets will be sent electronically approximately 14 days prior to your first performance evening.
You can choose to show your ticket(s) at the gate on your device or you can present a printed copy.
2024 Season – Seating Timeline
All orders are unseated at this time, and your delivery method will appear as Deferred Print at Home.
October 31, 2023 – Deadline to renew subscriptions
November 2023 – Seating of subscriptions in order of purchase date and contribution level
December 2023 – Seating of single tickets in order of purchase date and contribution level
January 2024 – Seating of remaining tickets in the order they were received
2024 Season: Handling fees are $6 per ticket for single ticket orders and $15 for packages.
No Refunds or Cancellations
This condition applies to all ticket purchases. Casts, repertory and ticket prices are subject to change. Opera Titles and hearing devices are provided as additional free services for patrons, and no ticket refunds will be issued in the event of malfunctions. Should the Santa Fe Opera have to cancel the season, we will accept your tickets as a contribution, issue a voucher or provide a full or partial refund.
We encourage anyone who is feeling unwell not to attend a performance. Please call the Box Office prior to your performance to discuss your ticket options. We will work with patrons on a case-by-case basis to exchange or refund.
All exchanges must occur no less than 48 hours in advance of the first affected performance. Seating is subject to availability. Create Your Own packages and single tickets incur a $10 per ticket exchange fee. Should anyone attempt to use the original tickets, seating will no longer be honored. A price increase may be incurred based upon performance date (no refunds for lower-priced dates).
Lost your Tickets?
Simply contact the Box Office on performance evenings, and we will reissue tickets upon request.
Please don’t let your tickets go to waste — donate them to the Santa Fe Opera for resale. You will receive a written acknowledgement for tax deduction purposes. Tickets may be donated until 30 minutes before the performance.
Latecomers and those who exit the theater during the performance will not be admitted until the next intermission or an appropriate interval as determined by the management.
Third Party Ticket Purchases
Be sure to purchase your tickets through our official Box Office either over the phone or through our website.
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, SFO has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, SFO cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
The theater is ADA accessible. Please let the Box Office know your needs in advance. Hearing devices are complimentary as well as large-print or Braille synopses which may be picked up at our Box Office. All levels of the theater are accessible via elevator.
The following House Rules apply to all performances at the Santa Fe Opera’s Crosby Theatre:
- To avoid ticketing scams, be sure you purchase tickets to Santa Fe Opera events only through the Santa Fe Opera (in person at the box office, by phone at 505-986-5900, or online at santafeopera.org) or through the Santa Fe performing arts organizations that present their events at the Santa Fe Opera. Other third-party ticketing websites and vendors are not authorized to sell tickets to Santa Fe Opera events, and we cannot guarantee validity, refund, or otherwise be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized sources.
- The use of cameras, recording devices and cell phones (i.e., calling, texting, apps) is prohibited during performances.
- Latecomers and those who exit during the performance will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Talking during performances is strongly discouraged out of respect for performers and other audience members.
- The Electronic Libretto System and hearing devices are provided as free services, and no refunds will be made for any malfunctions.
- Oversized bags, such as a large duffle bag, luggage or a large picnic basket, should be left in your car or at home.
- Food, beverages and smoking (tobacco, vaping, marijuana and controlled substances) are not permitted inside the theater.
- The Santa Fe Opera is a drug-free campus.
- Children under six are not permitted at evening performances.
- Pets are not allowed in the theater or parking lot.
- The Santa Fe Opera promotes a fragrance-free environment.
- Assistance is available during performance evenings by contacting an usher or House Management.
- The Santa Fe Opera does not permit the dispersal of cremated remains anywhere on its property.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests, the Santa Fe Opera strictly prohibits the operation of drones on, from, or above the opera’s premises without specific written permission from the Media & Public Relations Department. This includes all drones regardless of size, weight or purpose. See the FAA’s regulations for more information.
- Firearms are not allowed on the premises. Pursuant to New Mexico Law Sec 30-7-3 (A). Open or concealed carrying of a firearm, either loaded or unloaded, onto these premises is strictly prohibited. Any person carrying a firearm is guilty of a fourth-degree felony.
- Any visitors who are disrespectful or discourteous to other guests, staff or volunteers may be asked to leave.