Title: Usher Position
Classification: Seasonal Staff, Pay is Hourly
Reports to: House Manager, Assistant House Manager and her/his Team
This is a seasonal, non-benefited and non-exempt position. The position pay is hourly.
Description and Requirements
- Ushers report to the theatre 2 hours prior to each performance. Ushers will stay until patrons have exited the theatre and the theatre has been cleared of programs and lost items. They may leave only when they are dismissed by House Management.
- Usher duties include greeting and assisting patrons of the Opera in a friendly and courteous manner, handing out program books, directing patrons to their correct seats, being very familiar with the seating is required and answering questions about the theatre on performance evenings (approximately 38).
- This job requires the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment; this includes the ability to provide quality patron service while adhering to and enforcing the house rules.
- A flexible evening schedule is required and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The usher crew will be led by a Team Leader and is expected to treat them with the same respect they would House Management.
- Black shirt, pants/skirts, shoes (usher manual will provide specifications).
- Long periods of standing. Must be able to lift and transport items (such as Program Books) weighing up to 50 pounds.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The fundamental job requirements are included, and these are the essential job functions. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Santa Fe Opera has an industry-wide reputation as an excellent employer, providing rewarding opportunities amid a setting of great natural beauty. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Santa Fe Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, political affiliation or philosophy. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Santa Fe Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees/interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster.