Reviewer Ticket Requests
Qualifying positions include the following in these news-related categories:
Print Media: Editors, News Reporters, Photojournalists, Publishers, Managing/Assignment Editors and Freelance Writers
Broadcast Media: Producers, Directors, Reporters, Managing/Assignment/Planning Editors, Writers, Editorial Web Producers and Photojournalists
Online Media: Bloggers, Freelance Writers with assignments, and Editors affiliated with established news organizations or approved online media affiliated with an established social media entity
Freelance journalists must provide copies of current articles (published in the past 6 months) with the requester’s byline and publication date. We will also accept a letter of assignment from the editor of an established/researchable publication with the promise of receiving tear sheets or web links after the story has been published.
Request Reviewer Ticket(s)
The Santa Fe Opera’s press/media tickets are designated for working journalists to experience and review Santa Fe Opera performances. All decisions regarding press/media tickets are at the discretion of the Director of Media & Public Relations. The following information is meant to serve as a guideline to help media determine if they may be eligible for consideration.
- Qualifying media may request two (2) tickets per production.
- All requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the performance date.
- For reviewers covering Santa Fe Opera for the first time, all applicable information should be included with the request (name, affiliation, email address, mailing address, phone number).
- Employment will be verified on all requests from new reviewers to check for full-time status and position being news/editorial professionals who cover opera, classical music, arts and entertainment, business, travel and news or assigned freelance work. Once verification has been made an email confirmation will be sent to the requester from the Santa Fe Opera’s Media & PR Department.
- Reminders will be sent prior to performances.
- Reviewer tickets will be sent electronically to the email address you provide.