Health and Safety
February 23, 2021
The Santa Fe Opera will be updating this page regularly with our latest plans for the safe reopening of our venue. The date of the most recent update will display at the top of this page.
The health and safety of our audience, staff and artists are of the highest priority as we plan for our 2021 Season. Our COVID Compliance and Safety Manager, along with Production Safe Zone, our Reopening Advisory Group and our staff are hard at work building our COVID Protocols Handbook. When the handbook is complete, we will share our plans with you.
We are in close communication with our state and local authorities to ensure we are in compliance with official policies. COVID-19 safety practices are developing and improving every day. As we get closer to the opening of our 2021 Season, we will shift and better define our plans according to the latest medical advice.
For now, we would like to share with you what we already have underway:
- Ticket orders are accepted via phone or online. No walk-up orders will be taken by the Box Office.
- Tickets will be delivered as print-at-home or mobile tickets only.
- Prior to arriving at the opera, we are recommending our patrons self-screen against the CDC’s Coronavirus Self-Checker located on this page.
- Audience members will be required to wear facemasks at all times.
- Acrylic shields will be placed between staff and audience members at points of contact.
- Special cleaning equipment and supplies will be used to sanitize our bathrooms, elevator and other high touch surfaces on a regular basis.
- Social distancing markers will be placed on the ground where lines may form.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available around the property.
- We will not accept cash transactions. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Apple Pay and Google Pay are also available at all of our touchless credit card machines. No signatures will be required.
We are implementing a ticket scanning system to allow audience members to scan their own tickets for entry into the theater plaza. More information will be available about scanned entry in the coming months.
Finally, we encourage anyone who is feeling unwell not to attend a performance. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Box Office prior to your performance to discuss your ticket options. We will work with patrons on a case-by-case basis to exchange or refund in order to limit possible exposure to COVID-19.